The Nanovex-SEC5K allows quick and economical purifications (protein, nanovesicle or nucleic acid) with exclusion limits of 5,000 Daltons (components larger than 5,000 Daltons eluted with void volume). The Nanovex-SEC5K columns are shipped containing ultrapure water/ethanol (20% v/v ethanol) as a preservative.
- Shake the column and its contents gently several times, in order to resuspend the resin. Then, place the column upright and allow settling the resin bed.
- Carefully remove the storage solution from the top of gel bed and equilibrate the column by adding five gel bed volumes (50 ml) of the desired buffer.
- Removal of free low molecular weight molecules from protein
- Removal of free low molecular weight molecules from nanovesicles
Removal of unencapsulated fluorescein carboxylic acid from nanovesicles containing fluorescein carboxylic acid.
Regeneration and storage
For later reuse, the gel should be washed with two column volumes of 0.2M NaOH, rinsed with water and re-equilibrate with two/three column volumes of buffer. For storage, antimicrobial agent should be added (0.02% w/v sodium azide or 20% of ethanol).
Store in a cool and dry place and protected from the light
- Column Volume
- Sample size
- Volume gel bed
- Void volume
- Bead diameter (wet)
- pH stability
- Storage temperature
- Chemical stability
- 12 ml
- Up to 3 ml
- 10 ml
- 3.3 ml
- 85-260 µm
- 2 to 13
- 121ºC, pH 7.0, 30 min
- All commonly used buffers, included:
1M Acetic acid