- Combine the advantages of nanocarriers and therapeutic agents
- Highly efficient loading of drugs
- Can target specific areas due to its surface molecules They are more sensitive to targeted cells
- Have lower cytotoxicity than other nanovesicles Highly biocompatible
- Increase the physical stability in serum
Cancer treatment: Like other nanocarriers, exosomes can be used to treat different types of cancer successfully, by encapsulating the desired anti-tumoral drug or RNA and enzymes.
Immuno-modulating response: Among its other properties, natural extracellular vesicles modulate the immune response of the target cells through their contents. This biological behavior can be imitated to reduce or increase the immune response of cell populations.
Tissue repair: Synthetic exosomes formulated to have a similar composition to those produced by stem cells show great repairing and healing properties.